Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week Four Meal Plan

 This weekend we are going up to Boulder for a concert (Great Big Sea) and to stay at a Bed and Breakfast (The Bradley Boulder Inn). When I was making the meal plan, I was looking for some recipes that could play double duty and keep the week low stress. 

I found recipes in older Cooking Light and Everyday Food Magazines

Sunday
Greek Style Turkey Meatloaf
Monday
Spinach and Turkey Hand pie with salad
Tuesday
Cauliflower and Cheddar soup with salad
Wednesday
 Creamy Spring Pasta
Thursday
Leftovers
Friday
Date Night!

Jennifer from Milk and Honey tagged me for the Liebster Award
Here are the rules:

1.) Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2.) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3.) Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link to them in your post.
4.) Tell them about the award.
5.) No tag-backs.
11 Random Facts about Me
1.) I was a ballerina growing up and would love to get back into dance

 2.) I've always been a little bit afraid of puppies ever since I was a little kid


 3.) Growing up I was a super picky eater and never tried new things. Whoever would have though I would eventually start a food blog?
 4.) Brian and I met at a dorm room party our freshman year of college
 5.) My favorite 90s TV show is Rescue 911, does anyone else remember that show?
 6.) My favorite current TV show is Grey's Anatomy and dare I say, Dance Moms...
 7.) I ran my first marathon in 2011 in St Louis with 4 of my favorite running buddies
8.) Our honeymoon was an Aruba and we drove a Hyundai Getz
9.) Vermont is one of the hardest plates to find when driving cross country
10.) I once ran a 10k with the Force
11.) In Jamaica I held my first and last sea cucumber



Jennifer's 11 questions
1.) Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging because I have been a long time blog reader and avid home cook. It was time to add my food ideas to the blog world!

2.) Favourite comfort food?
I do have a soft spot for pizza
 
3.) What do you always bring with you when you travel?
I always have a least a couple of chapsticks at all times
 
4.) Where would you like to travel to?
This may be corny but for my next trip I would really like to go to Disney World, I think it's so much fun! 
 
5.) Sweet or Savoury?
Most of the time I will go for sweet, especially after dinner to finish off the night
 
6.) City or Country?
Country, the city is too stressful sometimes
 
7.) Favourite ice cream flavour?
Cookies and Cream
 
8.) Luxury resort or the great outdoors?
Luxury, I like camping too but if I had to choose...
 
9.) What are you reading at the moment?
Unfortunately, I'm not reading anything at the moment. Work has been keeping me too busy.
 
10.) Favourite place to eat?
Amarin, it's a small Thai place in Needham, MA (near my hometown)
 
11.) Favourite movie?
Elf, my sister and I always watch it on Christmas Day. This year I wasn't able to go home for the holidays so Santa (aka Brian) put it in my stocking so I wouldn't be too homesick.

My 11 Questions:
1.) Where do you find inspiration to cook?
2.) Do you have any pets?
3.) What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?
4.) What is your favorite meal?
5.) Bed and Breakfast or Hotel?
6.) Car trip or Fly?
7.) Chocolate or Vanilla?
8.) What is your least favorite food?
9.) If you could quit your day job what would you do?
10.) If you had to move where would you live?
11.) What's the last movie you watched?

Tagged Blogs

1.) Kitchen Lane
2.) Cooking ala mel
3.) Art and the Kitchen
4.) Please your man in the kitchen
5.) Collecting Memoriess
6.) Gwens Kitchen Creations
7.) Caietcuretete
8.) Alexandra-Bucatariamea
9.) Grandbaby Cakes
10.) Ms Kitchen Bites
11.) mr mrs and man

 

No comments:

Post a Comment