Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tuna Steaks, Way Better than Tuna Fish

I like to believe I have a pretty open mind when it comes to food. There are very few foods I really don't like. Canned tuna is high on my Foods I Do Not Like list. Fresh tuna, now that's a different story.

The best tuna steak I've ever had was at the top of the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington. I was there visiting Brian one summer when he worked out there and the meal was amazing. It was a wasabi seared tuna steak with teriyaki glaze and wasabi mashed potatoes.

Tuna steaks were on sale this week so I figured why not!
 
Ingredients, adapted from Cooking Light April 2012

- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons siracha
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/3 lb fresh tuna steaks
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil

1.) Cook soba noodles according to the package directions. Add the edamame and bell pepper for last 3 minutes of cooking.
2.) Drain the noodles and mix in the soy sauce, lime juice, siracha and cilantro. Keep warm.
3.) Heat the pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat as well.
4.) Spray the steaks with nonstick spray then season with salt and evenly coat with sesame seeds.
5.) Sear the tuna for about 3 minutes on each side or until medium rare on the inside.
6.) Slice the tuna against the grain and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment