Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thai Shrimp Cakes

Shrimp hasn't always been a food I've liked. I think I got a bad impression of shrimp as a kid when I was super picky. These days though, I'm growing to like shrimp.

Shrimp are a great source of lean protein and also cook really quickly, making them great for weeknight meals.


This recipe is a little more involved than my typical weeknight meals so I will probably save this for the weekends in the future. The results though are delicious.

Ingredients, adapted from April 2013 Cooking Light
- 1 1/3 cup panko, divided
- 1/4 minced, dried coconut
- 4 tablespoons minced scallion
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha
-1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 limes
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces chopped, deveined, shelled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil

1.) Combine 2/3 cup panko, coconut, scallion, cilantro, fish sauce, Sriracha, ginger, 1 juiced lime, garlic cloves, eggs and shrimp in a bowl
2.) Form into 8 balls and gently press into a disk, covering with panko
3.) Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet
4.) Add the patties, cook for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through
5.) Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!


I have a 3 mile run planned after work today. Hopefully the weather is nice and the sun will be shining!

Is anyone else running today?



No comments:

Post a Comment