Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stuffed mushrooms and Speed Work

Speed work...I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I love to run don't get me wrong, but sometimes I don't like to push myself to go faster. The workout today was made up of 5-400 meter runs at a 5k pace. For my 5k pace I've chosen 9 minute/miles, not as fast as I had been doing a few months ago but I don't want to push too hard. As training goes on I figure I can adjust the pace.

On tap for dinner tonight is Goat Cheese and Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms, here's the recipe:


Ingredients 

- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 medium portabello mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary finely chopped
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano

1.) Preheat oven to 450
2.) Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with the garlic, salt and pepper. Distribute oil on the bottoms of the mushrooms and roast for 10 minutes
2.) Mix the goat cheese, mayonnaise, artichokes and 1/2 teaspoon of the rosemary together in a medium bowl until well incorporated, season with salt and pepper to taste
3.) For topping, mix the remaining garlic, oil, rosemary, panko and cheese in a medium bowl
4.) Fill the mushrooms with the artichoke mixture then top with the panko mixture
5.) Bake for about 10 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the crust golden

No comments:

Post a Comment