Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'm on a pesto kick

Last summer I was part of a CSA (community shared agriculture) aka a Farm Share. Each week I went to my pick up location and got my share of local, organic fruits and veges. Although most of share is gone (I ate well this summer) I still have some treasures tucked away in my freezer. One of those being pesto.

This week I decided to break out the Swiss Chard Pesto. The containers I have in the freezer are about 1 cup size, so I knew if I was going to open one I would have to use all of it!

Any white fish would be great in this recipe, think cod, tilapia, halibut etc. I chose tilapia because it was on sale.

I guess the tomatoes didn't make it in, my bad
Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
1.) Preheat your oven to 450
2.) Place the fish on a baking pan coated in nonstick spray
3.) Spoon enough pesto over each fillet to cover then place into the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish
4.) When there is about 2 minutes of cooking time left, heat up the oil in a pan and add the garlic and tomatoes
5.)  Once the tomatoes have started to burst, wilt in the spinach
6.) Season with salt and pepper to taste





No comments:

Post a Comment