Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Today was Brian's Change of Command Ceremony so I took the day off. During this ceremony he officially took over leading one of the companies at his base. I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see what he can accomplish.

I started my day with a work out that consisted of 6-400 meter repeats with a 150 meter rest in between. The run went pretty well. I think it helped that Boy Meets World and the Fresh Prince were on TV. I can't remember the last time I saw either of those shows.

After my run I got ready to go to his ceremony and drove down to his base. The ceremony was really nice and the weather held up which was great considering it was outside.

I spent the rest of the day with a fellow blogging friend who showed me some new tricks. What do you think of the blog redesign?

Over the weekend I made a variation on the peanut butter I had made the week before. Roasted peanuts were on sale so I decided to make some Honey Roasted Peanut butter. The result is amazing. The peanut butter is just slightly sweet and salty, making it the perfect compliment for a sandwich or even just on a spoon.



Ingredients
- 3 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt (adjust to your liking)

1.) Add the peanuts to a food processor and turn on until a nut butter has formed
2.) Drizzle in the honey and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix well
3.) Add additional salt if needed and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. oh yum! I love honey butter, but honey peanut butter sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christi! It's really great on toast for breakfast.

      Delete