Thursday, March 7, 2013

Homemade Truffles- A Sweet Surprise!

When I got home from work yesterday I went to check the mail and found a package from my Sister!

She has the ability (and patience) to create all sorts of homemade confections that are delicious and beautiful. I'm not nearly as crafty as she is.

Inside was the most wonderful surprise of homemade peppermint marshmallows, lemon-mint truffles and gingerbread truffles!
These wont last for long in this house!!
 

The lemon mint truffles almost reminded me of cheese cake with the smooth, creamy filling. The gingerbread truffles were like eating gingerbread cookie dough! I have a weakness for cookie dough...


Now that I have my eyes set on a half marathon I started looking for a training program. I really like to to have a plan when I go out to run so I can work towards a goal. I also find it very satisfying to cross days off a calendar! I settled on a modified intermediate half marathon program from Hal Higdon. I used his marathon training programs for my 2 full marathons and felt good about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment