Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Friday!

TGIF everyone! After a long week at work I am so excited to have 2 days to relax, do errands, cook and.....RUN! I finally got cleared to start running today after ten and a half weeks!

After work I did my first run on the treadmill, and although slow I loved every bit of those 2.5 miles! I cannot wait to get back into shape and find some great races.

Friday night is usually date night at my house but we were both so tired that going out to eat didn't sound like that much fun. Luckily I have a well stocked pantry and was able to put together a meal without going to the store.

Soy Sesame Salmon and Confetti Rice


Ingredients
- 1 lb of salmon cut into  4 pieces
- Soy Sesame marinade
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 teaspoonfuls minced ginger
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoonfuls oil

1.) Bring to a boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Once boiling, add the rice and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until the rice is tender.
2.) Preheat the oven to 450. Place the salmon in a baking dish coated with nonstick spray then coat with marinade. Cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
3.) When the rice is about 10 minutes from being complete, put the salmon in the oven and heat the oil in a saute pan.
4.) Once the oil is hot, add the celery and bell pepper. Saute until tender.
5.) Add the ginger and corn.
6.) Once the rice is cooked, mix with the veges and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment