Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fajita Burgers

Burgers are typically not my favorite food, especially if it is just a plain beef burger. I guess I'm just not the biggest fan of beef. However, if there are a bunch of things mixed in the burger I'm all about it.




 Fajitas are one of my husbands favorite meals. Whenever we go out to a Mexican restaurant he always orders the steak fajitas. These burgers have the same flavors but in a handheld package! The spice level can be increased or decreased depending on if you take out the seeds and ribs out of the jalapenos or leave them in. I removed them from 1 and left the 2nd whole and the burgers had the perfect level of spice.

Ingredients
 - 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef (mine was 93/7)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste


1.) Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat
2.) Add the peppers, onions and jalapenos and saute until caramelized
3.) Let the onion mixture cool slightly before mixing with the beef, cilantro, salt and pepper
4.) Form 6-8 patties, depending on how big you like your burgers
5.) Grill the burgers about 4 minutes on each side until cooked to perfection

We ate these with Homemade Light Wheat Buns, cilantro mayo and salad on the side.


Today I was supposed to go on a 3 mile run but ran out of steam by the end of the day. I've been having to get to work really early in the morning so running before work isn't really an option. I even had my running clothes in my bag ready to go but I just couldn't bring myself to change and then run in the gross weather. The weather forcast originally called for a high of 45 F and sunny but ended up being 28 F, gray and slightly snowing.

Oh well, I can't let one bad day derail my efforts. I will be doing my speed workout tomorrow, no more backing out!

How do you come back from a bad day?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is LOVELY! This looks like something I must try. The recipe is great and I loved the picture!!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Making different flavored burgers is an easy way to change up meals.

      Delete